Check out the Writing Coaches’ Extracurricular Activities
• Graduate Assistant editor of UNIversitas; member of English Honor Society Sigma Tau Delta; member of the improv troupe Half-Masted; avid crocheter and knitter (so cool, right?); Personal Care Aide for a home-health care agency; barrista; devoted yogi; and wallyball player.
• Chess club; Conversation Partner for CIEP; presented a paper at the 2014 Southwest Popular Culture Association conference called "Zombies as Friend and Foe: A Dialectic Approach to the Zombie Apocalypse."
Where do Writing Coaches Go After UNI?
• Summer Internship with the Iowa Environmental Council; in the fall, attending the School of Public and Environmental Affairs at Indiana University to pursue a dual MPA/MS degree in environmental policy and environmental science
• Doctoral program in Social/Personality Psychology at Michigan State University
• Teaching Assistant Program in France (TAPIF) somewhere in Burgundy, working as an English Teaching assistant for high school students; applying to MFA programs in Studio Arts-Painting, either coast or in Montreal.