The mission of the Academic Learning Center is to inspire, challenge, and empower students to achieve academic success.
At the ALC, students can
- take national exams such as the CLEP, Praxis I & II and GRE (Graduate Records Examination)
- get feedback for class papers or work on improving your writing skills
- work with tutors in Liberal Arts Core math and science courses
- learn time management and subject-specific study skills
- develop effective college reading and study plans
- receive assistance with course selection and educational planning
- work with academic advisors who will help you monitor your progress
- manage the graduate school application process and prepare for admission
- and much more!
Stop by our offices located on the main floor of the Innovative Teaching and Technology Center (ITTC), Rooms 007/008, to access the ALC’s Academic Achievement and Retention Services, Examination Services, TRIO Student Support Services, Math and Science Services, College Reading and Learning Center, and Writing Center. There are no fees for most services. Let us help you become a more efficient and effective learner and develop a greater sense of personal control over your academic performance in an accessible, supportive environment.
“Studies show that students who become actively involved with academic support services outside the classroom are more likely to attain higher college grades and complete their college degree, particularly if they began their involvement with these support services during the first year of college” (Cuseo, 2003).